4.02.2010

Meeting the Easter Bunny

Julia is like most young children and likes the idea of Santa, the Easter Bunny, and even the Chick-fil-A cow but meeting face to face is a frightening experience. She does ok if we approach from a distance, let her get used to the large costume, and watch other children interact happily with it. Her first encounter with the Easter Bunny is pictured here...(it was at the hospital so Daddy met us between cases)...

First Mommy and Daddy each give the bunny a high-five. Then Julia cautiously does the same.

"Ok that wasn't too bad, but I didn't like it!"

"No Daddy! I don't want to sit in his lap!"

"Me!! Me!!" she says (rescue me!!)
Kind of sad to watch her in terror while we snap pictures.

She frantically waves, "BYE!"

Only moments later she plays happily in the duck pond.


Afterward, we went up to the O.R. to let Julia see some of Daddy's work friends who haven't seen here in a while.
Then Daddy had to get back to work...

4 comments:

Mamaw said...

What sweet pictures and how nice that Kyle got to be a part of the Easter bunny experience. It's heartbreaking to see Julia so frantic with the bunny but it's good to see she makes a quick recovery. :)

Happy Easter!

Elaine said...

What a scary-looking bunny. I am glad the duck pond was there to make it all better.

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures but I felt sorry for you, Julia, when you had to sit in that Easter bunny's lap. That was better when you, Mommy, and Daddy and the
Easter Bunny all got to be in the picture together.

I was also glad to see how your daddy looks at work. I bet his work Buddys were glad to see you.

We love you, Grandma Bobbie and Grandpa Dan.

Rusty and Jennifer said...

What a fun day! And how special that Daddy got to share it with you guys!
I'm with Elaine- Good thing the duck pond was there to fix things! :)
Cute pics!